Frequently Asked Questions from Affiliated Students

    How do I request services?

  • Please visit our Requesting AA Letters page.

  • Why can't I see my Request Services page?

  • Continuing Students: If you had provisional accommodations and have not yet submitted documentation, your accommodations expire after a few quarters and you will not be able to access to the Request Services page. Please email your DRC service coordinator if this happens. 

  • Why haven't I gotten my AA letters yet?

  • It takes 2-3 business days to receive your AA letters in your email address after you have requested services on your Accommodate portal. If it has been longer than 3 business days, please contact us at

  • What do I do if I have an ineffective notetaker?

  • Please contact with the class information and the specific problems you are having with your notetaker. We will work with your notetaker and try to find a solution.

  • What do I do if I don't have a notetaker?

  • Email to let us know that you are still in need of a notetaker. Please contact your DRC service coordinator to discuss alternatives to notetakers.

  • What do I do if my exams overlap?

  • Please email your DRC service coordinator as well as your professors at least a week before your exams.

  • What do I do if I am late and/or miss my exam?

  • If you are late to an exam, you do not get extra time for the time that you missed unless your professor approves an extension. 

    If you miss your exam, email your DRC service coordinator and your professor. 

  • What if I am having difficulty receiving my accommodations for my class?

  • Contact your DRC service coordinator. They can support you in facilitating access to your accommodations.

  • How can I get a copy of my disability documentation?

  • Students have access to view their documentation directly in Accommodate by clicking on the "Documents" module > "Approved Documents." If you do not see your documentation in Accommodate, please send an email to

  • Having trouble accessing Accommodate?

  • Make sure you are correctly logging in using your CruzID and Gold Password. If you are still having issues, contact

  • What do I do if I miss a lot of classes because of my disability?

  • Discuss this with your DRC service coordinator.

  • Can I receive accommodations for my pregnancy?

  • Some of the accommodations we can offer include accessible furniture, consideration for breaks in class, and support with navigating campus. Please schedule an appointment with a service coordinator to discuss your unique experiences and to develop an accommodation plan. Contact

  • I would like for my family to know some information that is protected under FERPA. What do I do?

  • To release this information, you would have to fill out a Release Of Information (ROI) form. An ROI form allows a student to grant access of specified information to a specified person(s) for however long the student sets it to be. Access can be granted and removed anytime at a student's request.