Taking courses during UCSC Summer Session is a great opportunity to: explore a new discipline, make-up a class, get ahead on your major coursework, or take care of general education requirements. Summer Session courses move fast. Here is a checklist to make sure you receive your accommodations during the summer:
Step 1: Request Services
All UCSC summer-session students entitled to exam accommodations request services during the first week of each Summer Session. Within 2 business days, DRC will email your Accommodation Authorization (AA) Letters to your UCSC email account.
- Go to myUCSC.
- Log in using your Cruz ID and Gold password.
- Go to “My Student Center” and select "Request Services".
- Select your exam accommodations for each class you require exam accommodations.
- Save to submit your request.
Step 2: Submit your Accommodation Authorization (AA) Letters to your Instructor
Step 3: Discuss your Accommodations with your Instructor
In a face-to-face meeting, discuss your testing needs with each instructor and determine:
- Discuss what your accommodation needs are
- Ask the instructor to make an anonymous announcement to recruit a notetaker if you received notification that a recruitment was necessary
Step 4: Follow Up
- Contact your notetaker. You will not receive notes until you contact your notetaker directly.