Housing Accommodations

What kind of housing accommodations are available?

If you have disabilities that require wheelchair accessibility or other extensive living adaptations, you are strongly encouraged to visit the colleges to personally view the housing facilities, and to discuss any concerns with college Housing Coordinators.

Once you accept the offer of admission to UC Santa Cruz and become affiliated with one of our ten colleges, you will be sent instructions for completing the online housing application/contract process. In addition to applying for housing, you will also need to submit a DRC Housing Accommodation Request form to our office.

If you have a disability that requires the use of a Service or Support Animal and you plan to live in University Housing, you will need to read the UC Santa Cruz Service Animal Policy and follow the UC Santa Cruz Service Animal Procedures to obtain permission to have a Service or Support Animal in residence.

The DRC will process housing requests within 10 business days provided the form is complete and accurate; students will be contacted if additional information is needed. Housing request forms and supporting documentation will both be reviewed before making any accommodation recommendation to college housing staff. Be sure to follow up with the Housing Coordinator at your college after submitting your request to the DRC. 

Please note that we will not be able to process your accommodation request unless you have met our criteria for disability-related documentation and established contact with our office.

Please refer to the UCSC Housing website for information regarding housing application instructions and important deadlines.